BrightCellars Club Review
|Bright Cellars has a great profile matching algorithm to match your actual tastes to your bottle of wine. They ask questions like, “What is your favorite chocolate?”, “How do you drink your tea?” and “What’s your go to drink when you’re out of wine?” They also ask in what settings you prefer to drink your wine.
|How Much/How Often
|You have the option to order 4 bottles monthly.
|The subscription fee is $80 per month
|You can choose red only, white only, mainly white but surprise me with a fun red, mainly red but surprise me with a fun white or give me my best matches, red or white.
|Customers have the option to postpone, skip or cancel their orders before their monthly shipment is processed. They are also allowed to spread out their shipment every 2 or 3 months whichever is most convenient for them. Someone who is at least 21 years of age must be present to sign for all shipments.
Founded in 2015 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Bright Cellars is a personalized wine subscription startup that delivers wine to customers based on the palate quiz they take and the pairing algorithm, created by their two MIT grad co-founders. The wine-matching algorithm is powered by fancy formulas and complex mathematics. But behind all that math sits a Bright Cellars’ team who knows a lot about wine to help their members.
The Bright Cellars concept and subscription process is very simple, however, their website is anything but. They’ve taken great care to provide insight and education to anyone from novice folks who are wanting to learn a bit more about wine, to the very educated wine connoisseur. We thought you might enjoy a few snippets here:
- #Winesday posts introduce a different wine varietal each week. Within these #Winesday posts you’ll read about the background and history of the wine, the region where the grapes are grown and some interesting facts about each.
- Spotlight is another interesting section of posts. The titles within this area include things like, “How to repurpose your wine bottles”, “Proper Wine Tasting Order: The Breakdown” and “Wine and Wings: A Pairing Guide”.
- Under their “Uncorked” tab, you’ll find Art and Design with titles such as, “I used wine as a fabric dye and here’s what happened”. Simple articles with interesting ideas and facts.
- Newsletter – If you’d like to continue your wine education daily, you can sign up to receive their daily newsletter. Sign up for a daily dose of wine knowledge covering everything from the trendiest wine cocktail recipes to the best pairing combinations.
- Wine Word of the Day– If you need to brush up on your wine terms or know nothing about wine and need to sound smart at your next party, visit this section! They’ve taken great care to be punny and interesting so that maybe you’ll remember the correct term with its definition. Two of our favorites were: “Balance: Much like everyone’s favorite boy band, a wine is considered balanced when all of its characteristics are in sync. Acidity is balanced by sweetness, fruit flavors are balanced against oak, earth, and tannin, etc.” and “Bouquet: You won’t have to battle the other bridesmaids to catch this one. A bouquet in the wine world refers to the various complex aromas you can smell when swirling your glass.”
Continuing the thread along with their punny blog posts, Bright Cellars has a product line Brand Shop. T-shirts with sayings like, “Carpe Vinum”, “Hakuna Moscato”, and “Sip Happens”. In addition, there are branded slate coasters and cheese boards.
You can also gift someone a delivery from Bright Cellars. Rather than choose it yourself and risk your recipient not loving what you send, you purchase a gift card through the site and your recipient receives an email that leads them through the palate quiz so that they can be paired with the perfect bottles to their own taste.
According to Google Reviews, Bright Cellars Wine Club is highly regarded with 4.7 stars and over 700 reviews! See what people are saying about Bright Cellars!