Cellars Wine Club Review
|Highlights||Multiple options for tasting all types of wine at a wide range of price points, they seem to have something for everyone with no obligation and no membership required.
They also have a give back program where you can donate 15% of your order to a non profit.
|How Much/How Often||Monthly, every other month, quarterly or one time purchase|
|Price||Club prices range from $19.95 s&h for the single bottle club to $319.95 +s&h for the highest end case club|
|Wine Choice||You can choose between reds, whites and sparkling|
|Shipping Info||Unable to ship to: Alaska, Alabama, Delaware, North Dakota, South Dakota, Mississippi, Kentucky, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Utah|
Everything Cellars Wine Club does, including taste and pick every wine, package and ship, and providing customer care, happens in house from their facility. Each club option is unique and you can change your preference at any time. Here we’ve described each option starting with the most economical choice, prices listed here include shipping.
Bottle Shipment Options
- Single Bottle: A great way for those starting out in their wine journey to explore great wines each month. For just $28.95 you can choose a red or white bottle and be sure you will receive a unique and delicious wine in every shipment.
- Premium Club: This is the most popular choice of Cellar Wine Club members. You can choose 1 Red and 1 White, 2 Reds or 2 Whites for $48.95 per shipment. From hand-selected bottles you will receive the very best wines from limited release bottles and boutique vineyards.
- Sweet Wines: For those who prefer their wine more fruity and sweet rather than dry, this is the perfect choice. Sweet wine is often defined as wine with over 20 g/L of residual sugar. From German Riesling to Italian Moscato wine to Hungarian Tokaji Aszu, sweet wines are crafted and consumed all over the world. This club costs $48.95 per shipment.
- International: Focusing exclusively on imports, the International Club explores new regions monthly, making it an ideal way to take a journey across the globe, two bottles at a time. As with the Premium Club, you can choose 1 Red and 1 White, 2 Reds or 2 Whites for $48.95 per shipment.
- West Coast Wines: From Napa Valley, California up to Washington’s Red Mountain take a tour of West Coast Wineries, highlighting boutique wineries and limited-production bottles. Again, you can choose 1 Red and 1 White, 2 Reds or 2 Whites for $48.95 per shipment.
- Red Trio: Exactly how it sounds, this option sends 3 bottles of wines in varying shades from translucent magentas to thick, deep Burgundies with each shipment for $63.95.
- Sparkling Wines: For those who prefer their wines crisp and sparkly, this is a great option. The total cost of this option is $68.95 for two bottles per shipment.
- 90+ Point Wines: the 90+ Point Club wines all rank 90 points or more on trusted wine scales like Wine Spectator and Robert Parker. These global selections are sure to please your refined palate or impress the wine aficionado in your life. This $78.95 option will send 2 bottles, you choose 1 Red and 1 White, 2 Reds or 2 Whites.
- The shipment options on cases are either quarterly or one time purchase.
- Premium Case: This club offers the lowest price per bottle and lots of variety. You can choose between mixed case which is 2 each of 4 reds and 2 whites, all red which is 3 each of 4 selections, or all white. From classic regions like Italy and France to up-and-coming hot spots on the rise like New Zealand and South Africa, this option will cost you $138.95 which is a 40% savings to you.
- 90 Point Case: Boasting the best value, this option is similar to the Premium Case option in that you can choose between mixed case which is 2 each of 4 reds and 2 whites, all red which is 3 each of 4 selections, or all white. However, these selections are all rank 90 points or above on trusted wine scales. At $389.00 this is a 24% savings to you.
Founded in 1999 in Washington’s Woodinville wine country, Cellars Wine Club is family-owned and operated. They select wines both domestically and internationally all the way from California’s Napa Valley to the traditional regions of Italy and France as well as up-and-coming hot spots on the rise like New Zealand and South Africa.
What Stands Out
For the past 24 years Cellars Wine Club has been delivering excellent wines with customer service in mind. Everything they do happens at one facility so they are able to control their customer experience. They offer 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and NO Obligation to continue. They also offer a very unique opportunity for folks to give back. Choose the “Give Back” option in their drop down menu and view the various non profit organizations you can help support through your purchase.
“My wife and I have really enjoyed the wines you’ve sent us, so I renewed online. Thank you so much!”
– Bruce Gunckel, New Mexico
“Your services have been outstanding. I will recommend your company any chance I get.”
– Madisyn Scribner, Washington
“You continue to offer the best customer service in the industry. Keep up the stellar work.”
– S.K. Russell, Michigan
“Exemplary customer service! My sister thoroughly enjoyed her wine package.”
– Janet Warner, Colorado